A hamlet of Kaduwela in Medasiya pattuwa, matale South, almost on the boundary of the district near Malvern estate. There are 8 pelas and 9 lahas of paddy land (nearly 4 acres), of which 5 pelas had been redeemed from payment of tax.
Families – Illukgollege, Hangedige, Alakolege.
The inhabitants are Tellas and Stone cutters. They were masons to the king.
Population in 1881, 43 (18 males, 25 females); 1891, 22 (9 males, 13 females).
A canal was cut from Yatawara to this village in the reign of King Wijayapala of Matale.